OUR PEOPLE AND OUR CULTURE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
We know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we put people first in everything we do. Happy, healthy individuals contribute to positive, energetic, passionate teams.
We are always interested in discussing opportunities with talented, highly motivated individuals. If you don’t see a career opportunity below, please tell us about yourself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION
Your New Role
With an exceptional leadership team and aggressive growth plans in place, it is an exciting time to join Resource Commercial Construction. Reporting to the Vice President, you have the opportunity to significantly impact the company’s culture and continued growth by leading the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the preconstruction phase.
As the Director of Preconstruction, you will be a key leader in the work acquisition process, estimating and budgeting projects, and successfully advancing their progress through the preconstruction phase. You will work closely with clients, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to cultivate and maintain lasting relationships.
What you will need to succeed
- Project experience in commercial and industrial interiors
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of bidding process, scheduling, estimating, cost control, and procurement
- Commitment to extreme client service
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in
- Construction Management or Construction Engineering
What you will get in return
At Resource Commercial Construction, you will join an energetic team that every day go to work filled with passion for being excellent. To achieve our vision of extreme client service, we put our people first to ensure they are happy, healthy, and fulfilled. Benefits include competitive compensation and benefits, career growth, flexibility, a family-friendly work environment, community and industry involvement, and continuous learning.
The Superintendent is focused on working closely with project management regarding the proactive identification and solution of job-related opportunities and issues. This individual will ensure a positive team environment based on mutual respect and collaboration between project management, field operations, and stakeholders. This role will be accountable for all aspects of site operations and deliver projects in the field.
- Expedite all reporting, including but not limited to daily reports, schedules, progress photographs, and safety
- Attend OAC meetings
- Run regular, organized, complete, productive job site sub-meetings
- Oversee daily job site performance and execution for all project delivery to the client – specifically driving scheduling, sub-contractor pre-construction meetings, owners’ vendors, consultants, etc.
- Working with s to expedite issuing and receiving answers to RFI’s
- Participate in Estimating to Operations Hand-Off meetings
- Project Closeout – focus on driving field teams to succeed with the last “5%”
- Ensure projects are set up appropriately with a detailed site logistics plan
- Foresee potential issues before and during work being performed
- Timely coordination of site inspections
- Collaborate with project manager, subcontractors, and vendors to confirm procurement timing for long-lead procurement activities
- Develop positive relationships and proactively communicate with owners, architects, and sub-contractors
- Determine customer concerns and issues and work to problem solve an acceptable solution
- See that all permits or licenses have been obtained so as not to delay the construction process
- Maintain all permit documents at the project site
- Maximize Sub Contractor productivity/efficiency through proactive and forward planning
- Direct and assist subcontractors for the execution of a successful project
- Responsible for complete knowledge of Subcontractor scopes of work, proactively identify scope gaps, and work with the project manager to fill them
- Assist project manager in the scope of work draft for buyout negotiations
- Conduct consistent and thorough inspections throughout the construction process of each project to ensure scopes are being completed per contract documents/ trade partner contracts
- Ensure a job site cleanup program is established and enforced
- Build a job team environment consistent with Core Values through leadership, management, communication, and collaboration with all job site personnel
- Effectively communicate with all internal and external persons assigned to the project team
- Identify and share opportunities for improvement in processes
- Quality Control and quality assurance
- Safety and Risk Management
- Warranty management
The Project Manager is an expert in managing the full range of the construction process. This individual understands how to develop and maintain positive relationships that result in long-term partnerships with clients, subcontractors, and consultants. The Project Manager excels at consistent and accurate communication with all parties involved in the project process. You will lead a team with a project focus that includes; how the project fits with the clients’ goals while adhering to schedule and budget and the ability to identify project value and maximize the projects’ financial performance.